1 large brown onion (200g) grated coarsely
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g baby new potatoes
1 tablespoon plain flour
250ml beef stock
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
250g cherry tomatoes
- Using hands, combine lamb, onion,garlic, egg and breadcrumbs in medium bowl. Shape lamb mixture into eight patties.
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook lamb rissoles on both sides, four at a time, about 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper; cover with foil to keep warm. Reserve pan with rissole drippings.
- Meanwhile boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender; drain. Mash potatoes in bowl with potato masher; stir in butter.
- Cook flour in rissole pan, stirring, until mixture browns and bubbles. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming and to produce an even mixture, until gravy boils and thickens. Strain gravy: stir in rosemary.
- Meanwhile, cook tomatoes, stirring, in heated small frying pan for about two minutes, or until split and just softened.
- Divide potatoes among serving plates, top with rissoles then with rosemary gravy and tomatoes.
Cooking time: 35 minutes